Coverings has a long history of supporting the tile industry and encouraging continuing education, tile installation certification, and training.
In fact, through its support of the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF), Coverings actively encourages the highest standards in tile installation, certification, and education.
Look How Coverings Has Supported CTEF!
- In 2008, Coverings hosted the inaugural Certified Tile Installer (CTI) test.
- Since 2008, Coverings has provided over $1 million in support to CTEF for certification and education.
- Since 2008, Coverings has served as an annual testing location for the CTI program.
- Since 2010, Coverings has hosted the Installation Design Showcase, where the most talented and competent tile installers, including numerous CTI and ACT certified professionals, display their skills during the show, implemeting cutting edge architecture and design concepts in tile.
- In 2013, Coverings hosted the inaugural Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) test.
- Since 2013, Coverings has served as an annual testing location for the ACT program.
What is the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation?
The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) provides education and installer certification for professionals working in the ceramic tile and stone industry. The CTEF Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program is the only third-party assessment of installer skill and knowledge which is recognized by the tile industry. It also offers Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) testing.
What is the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) Program?
The Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program is a comprehensive testing of the skills and knowledge of experienced tile installers which includes a multiple-choice exam and a hands-on test. Both are based on current industry standards and best practices for producing a sound installation that exhibits good workmanship. The tests, therefore, require that both the observable and non-observable characteristics of a finished installation are executed properly.
The multiple-choice exam is taken online at the installer's convenience. The hands-on test takes place in locations across the country.
In the case of Coverings 2017, CTI testing will take place at the Orange County Convention Center during show hours in Orlando, Florida.
What is the Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) Program?
To offer consumers greater confidence that their tile installers follow tile installation procedures that exceed ANSI standards and TCNA Handbook guidelines for floor and wall, six leading tile industry organizations came together to create the Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) program.
This program evaluates the skills and knowledge of tile installers and currently offers certifications in seven specific areas of tile installation:
- Large Format Tile & Substrate Preparation
- Mortar (Mud) Floors
- Mortar (Mud) Walls
- Shower Receptors
- Gauged Porcelain Tile and Gauged Porcelain Tile Panels/Slabs
To learn more about the ACT Program, visit Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers. Note that installers must be prequalified for these ACT tests. Installers must be a CTI or a journeyman tile setter who has successfully completed the apprenticeship program conducted by the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC).
What Certification Will Take Place at Coverings?
Certified Tile Installer (CTI) Hands-On Test
View Installation Details of The Exciting New Tile Industry Product, Gauged Porcelain Tile (GPT) along with the other Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) certifications.