Tile of Spain delegation to include 42 ceramic and stone manufacturers – Tile of Spain Pavilion (#1903) to offer ongoing education seminars, resources and authentic Spanish hospitality
This year marks Tile of Spain’s 25th year at the Coverings trade show, and once again, Tile of Spain, the international brand representing 200 ceramic tile manufacturers belonging to the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER), will bring one of the largest foreign delegations to the show. In all, 42 Spanish ceramic and stone manufacturers will showcase the most advanced ceramic tile technology and breathtaking design choices the world has to offer. At the Spanish Pavilion (#1903) guests will experience cutting-edge technology, sustainable design and diverse architectural solutions from leading Spanish tile manufacturers.
The Tile of Spain brand boasts the bold message: “Yes, We Choose Spanish Ceramic” because of Spanish tile’s unlimited creativity, capacity to innovate, constant technological initiative and eco-friendly design choices, including ceramic tiles that save energy and help clean the air. And, despite the recent years of economic uncertainty, Spain’s ceramic tile sector exports grew by an impressive 7 percent in 2011. Today Spain is the second biggest exporter of ceramic tiles in Europe and the third in the world.
Activities in the Spanish Pavilion include:
- “Awakening” Tile of Spain Educational Seminar:
- Ceramic tile is emerging as the premier material for cladding. Visitors will learn how to explore competitive advantage, innovative applications and aggressive marketing through creative perspectives. Join us for this 30-minute seminar designed to help your clients “awaken” to the potential of quality modern ceramics.
- Tuesday, April 17: 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm or 1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
- Thursday, April 19: 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm or 1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
- Friday, April 20: 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
- “Renaissance Reprise” Tile of Spain Educational Seminar:
- Ceramic tile was once the exclusive domain of master artists. Now, modern masters of design can create masterpieces of exquisite beauty and unparalleled functionality. Join us and explore the latest color palettes and innovations in ceramic tile. Discover how form and function can be balanced to create a modern yet timeless elegance.
- Wednesday, April 18: 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
- “Wine and Tapas”
- Join Tile of Spain at the booth to experience and partake in authentic Spanish hospitality, including wine and tapas from 12 noon to 2:00 pm daily.
New Innovations from Tile of Spain branded manufacturers include:
- APARICI will introduce its Neutral series, available in eight colors featuring several different relief patterns, and its Jungle collection, tiles that imitate a mosaic of different types of wood.
- APAVISA plans to showcase Archconcept, a new indoor/outdoor ceramic collection that provides new volumes to vertical surfaces, including hexagons with volume in its core and square panels with raised and folded corners. The tiles are created with stone, metal and cement finishes that have revolutionized traditional porcelain finishes.
- AZTECA’s highlight of the show will be the Denver collection in white body for walls and porcelain for floors. Its matte finish and non-repetitive design provides a dynamic design for any surface, without repetitive patterns.
- AZULEJOS PLAZA (PLAZA TILES) will preview several new products including its Ecowood series of Eco-Logik tile, with more than 85 percent of its components coming from recycled materials. It’s available in four colors and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- AZULEV will present its Enigma collection that merges the minimal aspects of cement with subtle intrusions of stone. This new tile is developed on colored body porcelain tiles with digital technology and high-tech applications.
- CERAMICAS FANAL will highlight its newest wall and floor tile series entitled Studio, in various coordinating formats, that complement each other and work together to create stone-inspired living spaces in shades of ivory, sand, natural and grey.
- COLORKER will feature its new collection Natura, porcelain tiles with the realistic look of natural wood that has been beautifully aged to create an almost antique-looking finish.
- GRESPANIA will present a handful of new collections including Coverlam, laminated and rectified porcelain stoneware tiles manufactured using a new production process, that offer numerous design possibilities. The thickness has been reduced to a minimum –3.5mm– making it possible to produce large-format, lightweight tiles with all the features of porcelain stoneware: strength, impermeability and durability.
- LA PLATERA will feature its Colorado series of tile that conveys warmth and brings the feel of natural wood indoors as well as its new States and Scavo series. The company will also feature its innovative PIXTILE, a new concept in ceramic tiles that allows for unlimited creativity and customizable ceramic tile mosaics.
- LAND will showcase its Fahrenheit series, a tile resembling metal with an aged-effect that is available in unique, curved 3D pieces as well as its Portland collection of hexagonal tiles that look like real concrete.
- KERABEN will present new sizes, colors and finishes to its current Stone Studio collection, an interpretation of natural stones through large format ceramic tiles, which includes Petit Granit available in shades of black, graphite, grey, mocha, light brown and cream.
- PAMESA will offer several new fashion forward collections including Moods with its unrivalled versatility and a palette of 10 colors in 7.9” x 23.6” red body format. The company will also showcase its latest digital printing capability with the introduction of tiles resembling with onyx, marble and stone.
- TAU will impress with innovations such as its new S3 Technical Ceramic Wall, a system where any technology can be seamlessly hidden behind a beautifully tiled wall. The Technical Ceramic Wall is a vertical extension of a removable floor behind which all wiring and fittings for domestic appliances, devices and electrical equipment is concealed.
- UNDEFASA will showcase several new products including its new Manhattan series of porcelain large format floor tiles inspired by natural stone to achieve a modern, contemporary design. This new floor tile collection is available in four colors: grey, beige, slate and brown.
Images are available for download at: Tile of Spain Photos on Smug Mug
About Tile of Spain
In Spain, tile makers labor as they have for centuries – pushing their passion for design and innovation to new levels of artisanship. With one of the purest and strongest domestic clays available, Spanish manufacturers have an unparalleled ability to make the end product more diverse. From rustic handmade forms; to technical facades that cool buildings and clean the air; to the impossibly slim, sustainable recycled and ink jet masterpieces that fire the imagination. The Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) is the private organization whose primary objective is to support Spain’s ceramic tile manufacturers and the industry as a whole by stewarding and promoting the Tile of Spain brand worldwide. A strong global leader, the ceramic tile industry of Spain comprises 200 manufacturers concentrated primarily in the province of Castellón. For more about tile produced in Spain, contact Tile of Spain Center at the Trade Commission of Spain, 2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 1114, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Call 305-446-4387 or visit www.tileofspainusa.com.
# # #
Press Contact: Lori Dolnick, Frank Advertising, email@example.com