Coverings PROJECT: Green recognizes sustainable projects that features tile + stone that inspires environmental stewardship.
View the Selected Projects Onsite!
View and learn about the selected projects onsite in the PROJECT: Green display in Coverings Central, Hall C, Booth 6457. The judges have selected four PROJECT: Green Platinum projects and two PROJECT: Green Gold projects to highlights.
Attend the PROJECT: Green Roundtable - Environmental Stewardship Through Tile + Stone
Tuesday, April 30, 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM, Room B407
Each year, PROJECT: Green acknowledges sustainable projects featuring tile + stone which inspire environmental stewardship. This session will bring together representatives from selected projects to discuss how they were able to successfully use tile and stone in their residential, commercial or institutional green building projects. Lessons learned and helpful tips will be shared - all are welcome to attend!
CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW CLOSED.
Two ways to enter:
- RESIDENTIAL - New and Remodel
- COMMERCIAL - New and Remodel
- INSTITUTIONAL - New and Remodel
Contest is open to architects, designers, builders, contractors, distributors, retailers, manufacturers and installers. Projects must have been completed within the past two (2) years (January 2011–January 2013) and may be located either within the United States or internationally. Multiple entries are accepted and encouraged.
Please fill out a separate form for each entry.
The deadline for PROJECT: Green submissions was February 1, 2013.
An independent panel of judges evaluated entries based on the criteria below.
In your two essays, please describe the project using the judging criteria below:
- Use of tile + stone in the project areas being considered, including what type, any certifications, where and how much*
- Aesthetic Design: Aesthetic attractiveness and/or uniqueness of the installed finish (0–20 points)
- Positive Environmental Impact: Environmental effectiveness and/or significance of the project design, installation and/or operation (0–5 points)
- Environmental Innovation: Incorporation of design, installation and/or operational strategies not regularly addressed by green building standards or rating systems (0–5 points)
- Use of Tile/Stone Products with Environmental Benefits:
- Products with recycled/reclaimed content (0–10 points)
- Low/no VOC adhesives, grouts or sealers (0–10 points)
- Salvaged/refurbished/reused materials (0–10 points)
- Use of tile or stone products instead of competitive coverings to achieve better performance-based benefits: such as extended material longevity and durability; reduced maintenance; lower replacement frequency; enhanced user safety (0–10 points)
- Products with other third-party environmental acknowledgements and/or LCA reports (0–10 points)
- Products designed to reduce building energy loads (0–10 points)
- Products with innovative environmental technologies not addressed in items listed above (0–10 points)
*See essay #1 on the entry form in the submission packet
Please contact Jamie Hill at email@example.com
Benefits of Participation:
If your project is chosen as a top green project, Coverings will feature the project on the website, in social media, on the blog and a press release. In addition, your project will be showcased on the show floor and in a conference session at Coverings 2013.
PROJECT: Green 2012
Congratulations to the projects that were highlighted in the PROJECT: Green 2012 competition. View the press release and photos to learn more.