Sponsored Blog Post By: Solidor
A beautiful terrace that welcomes you after a busy work day, who doesn’t dream of it? If you want a terrace, you can choose between one with or without adjustable pedestals. When do you choose the option of placing a terrace on adjustable pedestals? What are the benefits and possibilities? Let us explain.
Adjustable pedestals can be a great solution for installing an outside terrace with tiles for several reasons:
- Uneven Surfaces: Outdoor terraces can have uneven surfaces, making installing tiles difficult. Adjustable pedestals can help level the surface and create a flat, stable foundation for the tiles.
- Drainage: The pedestals can be adjusted to create a slope that allows water to drain off the surface of the tiles, preventing water from pooling and damaging the tiles.
- Easy to Install: Adjustable pedestals are relatively easy to install and require minimal preparation. They can be used on various surfaces, including concrete, wood, and waterproof membranes.
- Durability: Adjustable pedestals are made of high-quality materials, such as polypropylene, which are resistant to weather conditions, UV radiation, and chemical agents. They are also designed to withstand heavy loads and can support the weight of furniture and people.
- Easy Access to Power Lines: If you use adjustable pedestals, the power lines are always accessible under your terrace. If you want to adjust your pipes or cables quickly or need to make repairs, you can easily access them via this route.
Overall, using adjustable pedestals for your terrace when installing tiles can help ensure a long-lasting, stable, and aesthetically pleasing surface that is easy to maintain.
Adjustable Pedestals for Any Kind of Terrace
For installing a tiled terrace with adjustable pedestals, there are different systems on the market, but SOLIDOR is the pioneer of adjustable pedestals and has over 45 years of experience in this field. This Belgian manufacturer sells in over 27 countries and has a full range of solutions starting from low heights of 10mm up to 1000mm height.
- Adjustable Pedestals Comfort and Premium Range
First of all, the Premium range of pedestals are specially developed for minimum heights with maximum capabilities. These adjustable pedestals start with a height of 17 mm. This range has adjustable pedestals from 17 up to 100mm by using extension pieces. Also, slopes can be corrected by slope correctors available in its range. The Comfort range of pedestals is adjustable from 35 mm and can go up to 1 meter in height by using extension pieces and is the widest range of SOLIDOR pedestals. The specific components for tiles and wooden terraces offer flexibility and modularity. In addition to the ordinary supports, the Comfort range also has adjustable terrace pedestals specially designed for finishing the terrace against the wall, named the AK-wall version.
- Self-Adhesive Top Plate
This patented top plate contains a self-adhesive layer that allows concrete tiles and ceramic tiles as natural stone to be placed on the top plate of the terrace pedestal. The self-adhesive layer also reduces noise by up to 75% and prevents tiles from knocking.
- Aluminum Support System
For those looking to install large-format terrace tiles, SOLIDOR offers the Structusol aluminum support system. This system provides additional stability and flexibility in terms of laying patterns. It also has rubber integrated into the aluminum, reducing contact noises and providing additional grip. The system also allows for easy placement of utilities and electricity cables under the terrace, provides extra air circulation between the pedestal and tile via joint pieces, and improves water drainage.
In conclusion, adjustable pedestals could be the answer if you’re planning to install a tiled terrace. SOLIDOR offers many options, including the Comfort and Premium ranges, the Sticksol top plate, and the Structusol aluminum support system. With these products, you can enjoy a smooth construction process and a beautiful terrace that meets all your needs.