March 18, 2020 – ARLINGTON, Va. – Coverings (coverings.com), the largest international tile and stone exhibition and conference in North America, announced today it has canceled Coverings 2020, which was scheduled to take place April 20-23 in New Orleans, Louisiana, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Coverings event organizers have been monitoring the domestic and global developments regarding the coronavirus for several weeks. Their decision to cancel Coverings 2020 is a preemptive effort to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus and is in recognition of, and in full adherence to, federal, state and local requirements that are evolving due to these circumstances.
“The health and safety of our exhibitors and attendees are very important show priorities to Coverings,” said Jennifer Hoff, president of Taffy Event Strategies, the management company for Coverings. “Given the public health emergency we are currently facing, we believe the only action at this time is for Coverings 2020 to be canceled.”
The decision to cancel the event was reached after a careful review of the unprecedented situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus, evolving travel restrictions, recommendations by public health officials, and the health of the Coverings global community.
Coverings has been providing connections, education, and a global marketplace for the tile and stone industry for more than 30 years. The organization continues to be committed to the education and promotion of the tile and stone industry.
Plans for a robust Coverings 2021 will be launched in the near future. The 2021 event will be April 13-16, in Orlando, Florida.
“We ask for your patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty,” said Hoff. “Please monitor www.coverings.com, Coverings’ social media channels and future press releases as we work toward a successful Coverings in April 2021.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will Coverings 2020 be postponed?
- No, given the size of Coverings and the length of time needed for set up and break down, there is no location able to accommodate us in 2020 to postpone the show. Coverings 2021 will be preplanned in the near future.
Is Coverings planning any online activities?
- We are currently looking into providing education during and after what was to be the week of Coverings 2020. We will be distributing information about these plans as they develop.
I’m an exhibitor and want to know what happens now?
- We are working through the implications of canceling and will provide an exhibitor update soon.
Will there be a Coverings 2021?
- We are definitely planning Coverings 2021 and look forward to working with our whole community of partners to produce a robust show in Orlando, Florida, April 13-16, 2021.
I registered for Consumer Day; what happens now?
- If you registered for Consumer Day, we will be in touch directly regarding your registration.
- For general questions not addressed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of the team will get back to you.
- For members of the press and reporters, contact Eberly & Collard Public Relations to request interviews, quotes or other editorial information. Call 404-574-2900, or email Don Eberly, email@example.com; Jack Dulin, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Cayla Shoup, email@example.com.
For more information, visit coverings.com.
Coverings Social Media:
Twitter: @Coverings, #Coverings2020
About Coverings: Coverings is the largest and most-significant ceramic tile and natural stone trade fair and exposition in the United States and North America. It features exhibitors from more than 40 countries and is the stage for introducing some of the most innovative tile and stone products in the world.
The exposition and conference serve as a valuable and complimentary continuing education resource for all segments of the industry, with more than 50 educational opportunities throughout the show. Coverings attracts thousands of distributors, retailers, fabricators, contractors, specifies, architectural and design professionals, builders, real estate developers, as well as journalists, reporters and bloggers who cover the vital tile and stone industry.
Sponsors of the show are Ceramics of Italy/Confindustria Ceramica, Ceramic Tile Manufacturers Association of Spain (ASCER), Tile Council of North America (TCNA), National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA), and Ceramic Tile Distributors Association (CTDA).
The show is managed by Taffy Event Strategies, LLC.
Coverings 2021 will take place April 13-16, 2021, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
For more information about attending, sponsoring or exhibiting at Coverings 2021, contact Taffy Event Strategies at 571-313-5801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For press registration, photos, content and interviews, contact Eberly & Collard Public Relations at 404-574-2900 or the email addresses at the top of this release.